Sabado, Hulyo 30, 2011

Peace of Mind (written last december)

Up until a few years ago, Mari Rotteur was a workaholic. Mari worked from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm, six days a week. Mari was so in love with the works she was doing that she forgot what she really needed for her life. At the age of 24, she occupied a top position in the company where she was working. Life was so easy and she enjoyed it a lot.

Just a few months ago, Mari met an accident which changes her whole life. She is on her way to her work on Bern when a truck crushed into her car it broke her legs and she knew that she could not walk anymore. She’s now living with her mother near Aar river which flows around the City of Bern.

“It’s a good day my child, don’t you want to go to the Park and feed the birds?” her mother ask
“Maybe later mom, I have a work to do”
“What is it?”
“I’m filling for a job at the ETH Zurich as their Librarian”

Her mother approaches her with a teary eyed.

“Mom, I know, I can” Mari says
“I know, but I’m so worried for you”
“Don’t worry Mom, I can”

She mailed the application letter then after a month she received a letter that she was hired as a new librarian but on the moment she read the letter she realized that she doesn’t really want books yet she needs to work and something to do to ease her boredom.

When she arrived at Zurich, she went directly to the Department of Academic Affairs and she was warmly welcomed to the school. She will stay at the dormitory in Zurich together with the other employees of ETH.

The next morning is the start of her work she will be having a breakfast at the table together with the other employees. The fork is held in the left hand, and the knife in the right. Hands are kept above the table, and utensils are placed side by side on the plate when finished eating, and the eldest, Mr. Albert Maccini sits into the center of the table.

“En Guete” says Mari

When she reached the library, she sat into the chair and table which has a name “Librarian”

After a few minutes, there were a lot of students approaching her to borrow the books they are carrying. They present their library cards to Mari and she made them log into the logbook.

One day, when Mari was reading a book, a little girl approaches her and shake her hand.

“Hi, I’m Rima” the girl says
“Hello, I’m Mari, what do you want?”
“I want peace of mind”
“Maybe you can find it in the books on the 2nd floor, you can use the elevator if you want” Mari instructed
“Thank you; I love the second floor of this building”
“You’re welcome”

Two months have passed and Mari is enjoying her stay at the library, she made friends with Rima and they also do some recreational activities like fishing and walking. Mari didn’t just have Rima as her friend; she also made friends with her co-employees and students from ETH.

“Rima, can I ask you?”
“Sure, what is it?”
“I haven’t known anything about you except that were friends, where do you live? How old are you?” Mari ask
“I’m Rima Scott, I live in Matterhorn and I’m 17 years old” says Rima
“Ha-ha, I’m just joking”
“Silly you! Hahaha”

On Christmas day, which is a holiday in Switzerland, Mari invited Rima to come to their house but she didn’t come. Mari is disappointed with her and she swears not to be friends with Rima again.

Christmas break is over when Mari came back to work, she didn’t find Rima day after day, and she didn’t still find Rima.

“Are you Ok?” Mr. Maccini asks
“Yes Sire, but I haven’t seen my friend these past few days”
“And who is your friend?”
“Her name is Rima”
“Rima Scott?”
“Yes Sire, how do you know her?”
“I didn’t I have to go!” Mr. Maccini exclaimed

Mari noticed that the facial expression of Mr. Maccini tells that he’s scared. The next morning, Mari found a letter on her table which has a written name of Rima. She read it and it says that Rima wants to meet her this 6:00 pm at the second floor of the library. Mari decided to come to see her friend. Even though it was not Mari’s schedule in the library, the guard allows her to enter.
“How are you?”
“I’m Ok, I miss you” Mari says
“Maybe we can sit at the chair and you can offer me a coffee?”
“Sure”

Mari get make a coffee unto her office when she received a text message from Mr. Maccini, it says: “Stay away from Rima, she is dead long ago, she wants to have somebody to share her agony!” she ride at the elevator and thinks that everything is fine.

“What took you so long?” Rima asks
“Mr. Maccini plays a joke on me, and I want to make this coffee taste good”
“He’s not joking”

Mari’s body became numb, she can’t move her body and she can’t say a word.

“I want peace of mind, that’s why; I want you to be here with me forever!” Rima exclaimed

Rima pushes Mari into the stairs, Mari fell into the floor and her blood squirts from her head, Mari is dead.

After a year, there was a new hired librarian, and then made friends with two girls name Mari and Rima…


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento